Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
For more than 185 years, HMH have inspired all learners to activate curiosity, elevate potential, and find their moments of brilliance and breakthrough. These are the learning moments that define us—all of us.
As a global leader in K–12 education, HMH provides comprehensive learning solutions to help all students achieve their maximum potential. Reaching more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, HMH also delights readers throughout the world with award-winning children’s books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles.
Continuously adapting to and shaping the changing education landscape, our programs are uniquely designed to offer students, teachers, families, and administrators a path to success from the first day of Pre-K to graduation day.
HMH wanted to create a set of CMO dashboards in SFDC so they could analyse the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns in the same system as sales. The project was very high profile and had a lot of stakeholders.
One of the major problems we faced was that there had been numerous stakeholders over the last 15 years working on the Eloqua integration with SFDC, no-one really knew exactly how the integration worked but that it did work.
The Eloqua integration with SFDC was to be the major component that we had t get right in order to facilitate the building of custom CMO dashboards in SFDC.
Then since it was the tail end of 2020, throw COVID in the mix and you have a recipe for a challenging project!
I was thrown in on the deep end with this one. As soon as Kimberly from Revenue2Automate had an interview with me I was in front of the client. I took a 4 step approach to this:
- Identify the fields that we needed to be sent through the SFDC in order to facilitate the CMO Dashboards
- Identify the different objects that we need to be set on those fields so we could:
- Architect the dashboard ahead of time
- Identify which additional fields needed to be passed back from Eloqua
- Standardize Google Analytics UTM fields across each medium and source
- Integrate additional 3rd party Martech software with Google Analytics so that data could be automatically passed back to Eloqua and in turn get pushed to SFDC so the dashboards could be created
The dashboards are all up and running and now HMH have a 360’ revenue performance management view of how their campaigns are performing.
Sadly the engagement for me is over so it is not possible to give you quantitative statistics on how much money has been saved, reinvested in other channels and the uplift of said reinvestment but I believe that this engagement will propel them in the future.